Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Dressing Up with Customised Costumes

Dressing up is a part of everyone’s childhood just as showering in the rain, splashing in puddles, and pretend plays are. A pirate, a prince, a frog, a walking popcorn box, name it and my six-year-old son has been all of them - and who can blame him? If he says he wants to dress up as a dinosaur one day, we are more than happy to oblige!
But, I have to admit, it’s not always easy to create costumes from scratch, not when his choices are getting more complicated one after the other. We also realized that even if we invest in his costumes, order customised uniforms online, we’re sure we can still make use of them in our photography business even if the time comes that he’s outgrown them.
So, I did what a stage mom would do and looked up online for a sewing factory in Singapore that accepts orders online. There, I came across INT Supply, a clothing manufacturing company that provides high-quality garments and costumes for children.
In their own words, the business utilizes cutting-edge manufacturing techniques, guaranteeing record-breaking turnaround time and speedy services. But, whatever they say on their portfolio, it’s their gallery of made-to-order costumes that made me place an order.
Because he’s turning seven in a few months, we’re planning to throw him a safari themed party. Of course, we’re considering to dress him as the explorer and though we can DIY it, we decided to give INT Supply. I also wanted to order two more costumes so I can save on the shipping fee and decided to throw in a Scarecrow and Willy Wonka costumes on the list.
I filled up the form and dropped them an email and within the day, I received a reply, providing me with a quote and gave them the thumbs up to proceed. A follow-up email then provided consultation on fabrics and samples for further approval.
Being hands-on on my son is something I have committed to ever since my boy was born and I’m glad that I still have the say to such details when someone is making my ideas a reality. After all the details are set, the production then began. I was informed that the lead time for production will take a month. At first, I thought it was quite long but then, considering the number of orders they’re taking and the birthday will not be until two months, I think everything’s in order.
Now, while we’re waiting for the order to come, I regularly visit the INT Supply’s website to check out on the costumes they offer. I’m thinking that if I’m satisfied with the quality of their costumes, I would order again from them but this time, it would be for our home photography studio. I’m also considering to rent them out to other mommies, who like me, love to dress up their kids from time to time.
I know the time will come when my baby will outgrow the fun of dress ups, running around the playground in his Superman costume. But, for the meantime, let me enjoy the time when I still have full control over his outfits. After all, the older he gets, the more he will have the say in his decisions.
I hope I can share with you the costumes from INT Supply soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment